A brief about the Cisco Catalyst 9K switches.
Cisco 9K switches [9200 , 9300 , 9400 and 9500] run IOS-XE version 16 which is run as daemon within Linux OS.
With Cisco Unified Access™ Data Plane (UADP) Application Specific Circuit (ASIC) v2.0 CPU
Cisco Catalyst 9K switches support:
- -Intent-based networking [Cisco Digital Network Architecture DNA] , which means Encrypted Traffic Analytics (ETA) as well.
- -Automation and Programmability
- -Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), and Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE)
- -Embedded wireless LAN controller
- -Software-Defined Access SD-Access
- -Virtualization Containers
- -Advanced routing and infrastructure services (MPLS Layer 2 and 3 VPNs, IP Multicast VPN [MVPN], and NAT)
For Virtualization Containers support, read:
For Virtualization Containers support video :